Frankenweenie... End of story





















It is with great pride, yet tinged with emotion and melancholy that I announce the end of my involvement in Tim Burton's Frankenweenie.

It has been a great privilege to work with one of the great visual directors working today and after my collaboration with Wes Anderson I was indeed blessed with another great challenge.

It is almost 2 years that along with a small group of extremely talented story artist we embarked on visualising Tim's charmingly dark tale of a boy and his dead dog and I feel there's some of our best work in there.

What is left to do in story will be completed by the marvelous Rob Stevenhagen in the next couple of months while the rest of us take some well deserved rest and begin the anticlimactic process of seeking new challenges and new projects.

The past four months have been extremely tasking, working long hours out of Tim's own studio in North London, prisoners of his attic and our work, yet they feel rewarding and fulfilling.

I sincerely hope to work with the man again and that you all enjoy the film when it's out next year.

Cheers

Christian

No comments: